- IBM Cognos Fix Packs and Hot Fixes
- Deciding between Cognos TM1 and Cognos Transformer
- TM1 Rules Vs TI Processes
- Cognos 8 Gateway in IIS 7.0
- Validate Cognos Environment using IBM Cognos Upgrade Manager
- The Next Generation of Apache Hadoop MapReduce
- IBM to Acquire Initiate Systems
- Cognos Content Store Database Tables
- Creating Interactive Reports & Info about Cognos URL
- New Cognos Support Portal
Recent blog posts
- IBM Cognos Fix Packs and Hot Fixes: What is Fix Pack? A Fix Pack is a product update that contains a cumulati... t.co/KfD2Oozb
- Deciding between Cognos TM1 and Cognos Transformer: Cognos TM1 Vs Transformer Click here for the presentation t.co/k8B9dhW6
- TM1 Rules Vs TI Processes: One of the most important decision that TM1 Developers need to make during design pha... t.co/8dpfZjM9
- Congrats to Chetan for clearing COG-385 and earning his #TM1 Black Belt. That makes 5 #TM1 black belts at Fabica! t.co/zJnX8s8
- IT Information Security Engineer t.co/xMBuH4W
During the lifecycle of your IBM Cognos 8 application you may need to update IBM Cognos 8 with a Service Pack, Fix Pack, hotsite or other IBM Cognos updater. In any of these cases, report validation is a must. This is where IBM Cognos Upgrade Manager can help.
Arun has a great article on Yahoo covering the upcoming changes to the Hadoop architecture. The post provides some background on Hadoop, and discusses the changes to resource management and job scheduling/monitoring at a high level.
Initiate Systems is a privately held company based in Chicago, IL and marks the 30th acquisition IBM has made to advance its capabilities in information and analytics. Financial details were not disclosed.
The software speeds the adoption and exchange of electronic medical records. With easier access to accurate information, medical professionals can recognize patients at any facility within a health network with access to complete medical histories of patients, resulting in more timely and better informed patient care. Like IBM, Initiate is committed to industry standards and its technologies support relevant healthcare regulations and standards including HL7 and HIPAA.http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/29305.wss
- Understand the company’s key drivers of success
- Assess the risk in the company’s strategy
- Define the role of the full board and its standing committees with regard to risk oversight
- Consider whether the company’s risk management system – including people and processes – is appropriate and has sufficient resources
- Work with management to understand and agree on the types (and format) of risk information the board requires
- Encourage a dynamic and constructive risk dialogue between management and the board, including a willingness to challenge assumptions
- Closely monitor the potential risks in the company’s culture and the incentive structure
- Monitor critical alignments – of strategy, risk, controls, compliance, incentives, and people
- Consider emerging and interrelated risks. What’s around the next corner?
- Periodically assess the board’s risk oversight processes. Do they enable the board to achieve its risk-oversight objectives?
IBM Cognos Go Dashboard - Whom is it for ?
Non-IT, Business User's way to represent the existing BI content in a Dynamic and Visually appealing format for Corporate presentations.
- Flash Based user interface
- Drag-and-drop interface lets you create dashboards on the fly, Enabling business users to self-assemble and customize their own dashboards
- Leverages the existing BI content ( Report Studio and Metric Studio Reports)
- Integrate your dashboard into third-party portals
IBM Cognos said Tuesday that it would buy Chicago-based company SPSS in a $1.2 billion deal designed to bolster Big Blue’s offerings in business intelligence software.
Read the full article
For compatibility between IBM Cognos 8 version 8.x and releases prior to version 8.3, you must specify your IQD data source connection information in the Cognos.ini or cs7g.ini file.
The cs7g.ini file is located in installation_location/c8/cs7Gateways/bin directory.
As you may know, most of the Cognos support site is being transferred over to the IBM world. One of the cool things that I recently came across was the re-tooled and upgraded Diagnostic Tools page.